When starting a continuous concrete edging business, market research should be carried out to get a good understanding of the market.
The following is a guide to aid in market research:
- Are consumers aware of landscape kerbing?
- Are local consumers receptive to landscape kerbing in your area?
- How much landscape kerbing is in your area?
- How many operators are in your area?
- How professional are these operators:
- How do they advertise or promote their business?
- How quickly did they respond to your inquiry?
- How professionally did they present themselves?
- How did they present their quotation?
- What information do they supply when quoting? (Sealing the kerb, general maintenance, etc.)
- How long before they can install the kerbing? (This usually indicates how busy they are.)
- What are their prices?
- What are customers willing to pay?
- Price levels for:
- Standard grey kerbing
- One colour kerbing
- Two colour stamped kerbing (i.e. one colour in the mix and another colour with the stamp tool)
- What is the average sized job in your area?